Monday, July 07, 2008

Liver who needs one?


So this weekend was full of goodies. It started off with leaving work early and having 4 martinis with some co-workers and then momofuko for the best morel butter known to mankind. I would not suggest anyone go check this place out unless you like pork, pork and more pork. The oysters with kimchee were good but not $16.00 good. We spent a lot and ate way too little. Hence we move on..Friday I spent drinking 2 bottles (sharing with the Midwestern) of cotes du Rhone and a Bordeaux - one better than the other. Amazing what $2.00 will make a difference. This was sitting on a rooftop of a brownstone overlooking riverside park. While I contemplated why I did not get my MBA instead of law degree. Maybe then I would not be so sad as I walked past the kitchen bigger than my whole apt in Hoboken. And so we move on to Saturday which was filled with cheesy boat performers and a $105 meal (the garlic mash were worth it I suppose) but it was spent celebrating 30 again! With my childhood buddy. Then comes Sunday...oh Sunday if my liver had not seen the worst then he was about to. It started with unlimited mimosas and other champagne cocktails at Paradou. Oh how I love the French. Then off to Pastis to sit next to meatheads with no necks. And bitsandgiggles and I have decided that the lack of neck is equivalent to the size of brain cells. So then we offer to pay the cute gay couple to sit next to us so we would not have a guy with plaid shorts and polo shirt with his collar standing up staring at us like we were lunch meat. Then on to the next place to pee of course. Jane's Tavern looked decent enough as English pubs go, but since we did not want to crash on boys night, we got suckered to sitting out front of Little Owl with a pregnant lady and then opted to not wait the hour and go spent our loan money for a Austrian dinner at Wallse. Ahh! So after my wallet and liver took a break I stumbled home back to my apt only to wish I had more Sundays like this.

No comments: