Friday, March 11, 2005

It's not you, It's me...

The past two weeks, I have been living a double life. I have spent everyday telling one guy I am doing something else, when in reality I am seeing the other guy. I hate this web of lies, and I know one of them is on to me. I can't help it, but the lies are eating me alive. Each one of them has so much to offer. Why should I have to be monogamous? I might have to do the sit down this weekend, and tell Henry it's over. I am a disgrace. I'm broker cheating.
Yep, you heard right. I have two brokers at the same time. I did not know that this business was like a relationship. Once you make a commitment to one broker, you should not be with another one. I find it double standard, because brokers have so many different clients. They are players! They are allowed to have many partners, but we can only have one. Why is that? I never knew looking for an apartment in NYC would stress me out as much as dating in NYC. Is it not bad enough that we have commitment issues with men, now I have to have it with my brokers. What if I can't decide? What if I want to play the real estate field? I wonder who made these rules. Perhaps it is the same women who made the rules on when it is okay to sleep with a guy, and how long it should take to get over an ex (please see second blog entry for further explanation). In the end, I have decided to stay with the one who gives me the most attention, cares about my needs, listens to what I want, believes in honesty and communication. Yes, we are still talking brokers. But I guess it is like choosing a BF, you should never settle for less. That is why this time the nice guy doesn't finish last. Bye Henry!

No comments: