Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Top 10 countdown

At this time on Thursday, I will be sitting on the plane waiting to take off to my exotic island in the west. Okay, I am really flying off to the state of Michigan, but it can't hurt to dream a little. Besides, I probably will not be leaving the confines of the Detroit Marriott for at least 48 hours. So, that will be my private island "room 6969." When I am ready to come up for air (literally), I will probably be hitting the town of Detwa. For all of you who are not familiar with the motor city. A little Detroit trivia. I am told that besides being named the "most dangerous city in the US", it is also known to be the home of William J. Putte. Who? He is one of the top 10 richest and wealthiest Michiganers, according to Forbes magazine. Mr. Putte is not only worth 1.5 billion, but also has 14 children who will be fighting for a piece of that when he kicks the bucket. At the young age of 72, he might not be around much longer to enjoy his riches or enjoy making anymore kids for that matter. But for the past few years, he has done well for himself, moving up in the ranks of the most wealthiest men in the U.S. and in Michigan (#6 in MI, and #437 in U.S. - not bad grandpa!) However, they are not revealing the ages or names of his children, so it will be almost impossible for me to set up a chance meeting with his oldest son. Oh yeah!Almost forgot, money can't buy love. Sorry, just a slight case of withdrawal symptons. The fact of the matter is, I will be too busy enjoying my midwestern in the midwest to even think of anyone else. Not to mention, he is well on his way of making the top 10 in my book.

No comments: