Saturday, February 26, 2005

"Memories, Like the Corners of My City"

On Friday night, I went to dinner in Greenwich village, two blocks from where I had spent the last 4 years of my life. Since Hitler left last year, I have not been back. Being back was kind of like eating a piece of steak, memories of things I used to love but now they make me sick. I will say that regardless of the nauseous feeling in my stomach, I did miss it. The neighborhood that is, not the ex. Greenwich village was always the part of Manhattan where I would live when I have enough cash, or when I marry rich - whichever comes first. This area is similar to how I like my men, desirable, charming, yet trendy, and best of all wealthy. Unfortunately the real estate, also like my men, never goes down. Going back to the topic of dinner, after a one hour wait to be seated and a waiter that reminded me of Gonzo from the Muppets, we ate through a bag of Fritos (you had to be there). Always a good way to start your night. The night ended with a game of trivial pursuit, which I have decided is a game designed to create an inferiority complex in the players. I think the creators are bitter child prodigies that are determined to make everyone else in this world, regardless of their stellar high priced college education, still feel like they fall short from being "smart". Nevertheless, the night was a raging success. I would say I could not have thought of a better way of spending my evening. Good friends, good laughs, and best of all good "new" memories.

1 comment:

bitsandgiggles said...

I really loved this blog! Good for you for making new and better memories! (Trivial Pursuit makes me feel a bit inferior as well!)